Apr 23, 2007

I made it into Teach For America!

So, I found out on the 19th (my honey's bday, so already a great day) that I was accepted into Teach for America!! They gave me everything I wanted, too, which I am pleased, but surprised, to announce: secondary-level, language arts, and location: New York City! I am so relieved that I won't have to scramble to try to find a MA program to get into by this fall.

I haven't accepted yet, as I am waiting to hear from NYC Teaching Fellows so I can make a decision. Any current or former Fellows or TFA cohorts who have any info to help me make my choice would be VERY appreciated!! There are some pro's and con's of both, but if I get into NYCTF and get the level and subject I want, then I'll have a REAL choice on my hands.

But at the very least, I can rest assured that I will have my own classroom this September! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The biggest complaint I've heard from NYCTF'ers is that you can't choose where you get your degree. CUNY schools aren't all that hot. If you're lucky you might end up at Fordham, but if you're unlucky, you'll end up at a degree farm like Mercy College (as just happened to my colleague). I don't know if that is also the case with TFA but anyway... welcome to the game! Best of luck to you!